For more information and technical specifications of the range of Sensors we have in store, please contact our friendly staff at Allabout Pumps and Pipes.
Automation for Irrigation Controllers
Watermark soil moisture automation works with the irrigation controller to allow water to be applied only when necessary. This advanced method of irrigation control provides good water conservation, while maintaining the health of the landscape. Applying just the right amount of water, no more than necessary and no less than required, to your turf and landscape.
Specification: Electronic Module
- Valve control based on soil moisture for:
- individual valves
- groups of valves
- all valves
- Adjustable to plant/turf requirements.
- From 10 – 120 centibars (wet – dry adjustment)
- Override for manual operation
- Solid state electronics – weather proof seal
- Fits to existing controllers and new systems
- No maintenance required
- Works with all 24 VAC controllers
- No need to re-program controller for seasonal changes
- Reduce fertilizer leaching
- Protect groundwater supplies
Specification: WS-200 Sensors
- Two concentric electrodes buried in granular matrix material, held in place by a stainless steel case. Matrix material provides buffering for the effect of salinity levels in soil.
- Unaffected by freezing temperatures, does not require removal during winter periods.
- Electrical resistance type sensor, 500 – 30 000 ohms resistance.
- Sensor manufactured from non-corrosive parts, 50mm x 21mm in dimension.
- Built for direct burial. Will not dissolve in soil.
- No sensor maintenance. no calibration needed.
- 1.5m cable lengths.
Studies have proven that WATERMARK moisture control matches plant/turf need for water and regulates irrigation to this need. The Adjustability of the “switch” allows for finetuning the control to specific climates, plant materials and soils. Just like a thermostat tells the furnace or air conditioner to go on, the WATERMARK ELECTRO NIC MODULE tells the irrigation time clock if water is needed. If the soil is drier than the adjustable setting, irrigation will take place. If the soil is wetter than the setting, that irrigation cycle will not occur. The WATERMARK ELECTRONIC MODULE eliminates the need to reprogram the time clock for seasonal changes or during rainy periods, hot spells or vactions.
AUTOMATIC SOIL MOISTURE DATA RECORDER
The Watermark Monitor is a Data-Logger which automatically takes soil moisture readings. This reading history provides you with a vivid picture of the soil moisture profile your irrigation practices have created. This data can be evaluated to determine ways to improve the irrigation scheduling for optimum results. Individual Watermark sensor readings display on the Monitor and can be taken at any time manually. The In–Field display allows you to make on the spot checks, necessary for scheduling purposes while the Monitor is taking periodic readings to record the performance history. Irrometer® switching pressure gauges (optional) can be used as switch position sensors to indicate when the system pressure is on and off to display the irrigation events. Temperature compensation of the soil moisture reading is automatic by using one or more temperature sensors or programming a default value.
- Automatically Reads Sensors.
- 8 Sensor Capacity.
- Reading Frequency from every minute to every day.
- Watergraph Software included.
- In–Field display of current reading.
- Download history to a computer.
- 9 Volt battery included.
- Complete with 8 sensors (1 temperature and 7 watermarks 0 – 200 centibar reading.)
- The Watermark Monitor is user programmed for the individual characteristics of the site to be monitored:
- A unique location
- The time interval to automatically take readings, from once every minute to once every day
- A unique name for each sensor being read.
- The date and time you want readings to begin.
- The selection of sensor type for each input port:
– Watermark Soil Moisture Sensor.
– Temperature Sensor in fahrenheit.
– Temperature Sensor in Centigrade.
– Switch Position.
- Monitor easily mounts in the field. Sensors are placed in the root zone at depths where monitoring is desired. Sensor wiring can be extended 1000 metres using 2.5mm2 cable
- Stored readings are downloaded to a computer for display, as in Fig.1. Other display options are available.
- The WaterGraph software, included with the Watermark Monitor, is used to set up your individual site profile, launch the data–logger, download recorded history and graphically display the results.
- The data file created can also be opened by spreadsheet or graphing programs, like Microsoft Excel®.
The Data Shuttle option for the Watermark Monitor will allow you to download data from multiple Monitors with a PDA and then transfer that downloaded data to a computer for display. The PDA will not display the data, it only collccts and transfers data.
- PDA must be capable of serial communication
- For PALM® Devices only running OS3 or newer
- Customer must supply their own PALM® PDA and PDA to female serial connector (DB9) cable
- PDA connects to the desktop with serial communication, if your desktop or laptop does not have a serial port, then a USB to serial adaptor must be used
- Data is easily collected from field locations for display on your desktop computer
- Data from several monitors can be collected and subsequently downloaded to your computer for display
- Data can be left in or erased from the monitor and/or PDA at each shuttle download, and after downloading to your computer. This allows data to be placed on multiple comuters, if desired
- Simple “one tap” download procedure to collect data from the monitor. To transfer the collected data to your computer, it takes “one tap” on the PDA and one mouse click in watergraph.
- Male serial plug (DB9) to shuttle pin connector cable that connects from the customer supplied PDA to female serial cable to the Watermark Monitor’s Shuttle port.
- Software to install on your PDA
- New version of Watergraph software that supports the shuttle
- Installation and Operation instructions
The RX-1, a rain switch developed for use with 24V output sprinkler controllers to interrupt the scheduled watering cycle in the event of rain. The RX-1 mounts easily to a gutter or wall.
- UL listed Micro Switch.
- Three wires for compatibillity with most sprinkler controllers. Blue wire used for normal open situations.
- UV protected material.
Materials: ABS with UV inhibitors.
Approvals: UL® listed.
Five rainfall settings: 3mm, 6mm,12mm, 18mm, 25mm
Vent Ring: Adjustable to varying drying times for hydroscopic disc set.
If the thought of running wires from a controller has kept you from adding rain sensors to your systems, now there’s a hassle-free alternative. The Hunter Wireless Rain-Clik™ attaches quickly and easily – simply install the transmitter anywhere that the device can receive representative rainfall. No ladders needed to attach to a high outcropping on a building, no messy wires to hide out of view. What also sets a Hunter Rain-Clik™ apart are features no other rain-sensing device offers. The unique Quick Response™ feature allows the product to shut off immediately when it starts to rain. And, unlike its competition, Hunters sophisticated sensing mechanism cannot be
fouled by debris, giving the Wireless Rain-Clik™ the most highly accurate operation.
- Hassle free, wire-free easy installation:
Simple to add on to a new or existing installation
- Hunter’s unique Quick Response™ feature:
No need for water to accumulate for shutoff.
- Modular mounting options:
Variety of choices depending on the job site; gutter or wall mounts.
- Set a maximum dry-out period:
Adjust the irrigation re-start to account for varying amount of rain.
- Operates up to 300′ from the reciever unit:
Typical wired system limitations vanish.
- Maintenance-free patented sensing mechanism:
Built-in bypass switch on receiver panel.
- Retrofit with ease:
Installs on any system in minutes, no stringing or wiring.
- Wiring: normally closed or normally open
- Time to turn off irrigation system: 2 to 5 minutes for Quick Response
- Time to reset Quick Response unit: 4 hours maximum under dry sunny conditions
- Time to reset: 3 days maximum under dry sunny conditions for the total rainfall compensation unit
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 54°C
- Vent ring allows for adjustment of reset delay
- UV colourfast and stable
- UL listed, FCC/DOC approved, suitable for use in Australia, CUL (CSE), CE
- Rain sensor transmitting range: up to 300 feet line of sight
- Receiver power: 22-28VAC/VDC, 100mA (from timer transformer)
- Receiver includes built-in bypass switch, no extra switch requuired
- Works with all standard controllers
There’s nothing more embarrassing – or more wasteful or costly – than an irrigation system that runs when it doesn’t have to…in the rain. Mini-Clik provides the simplest, most effective to prevent sprinklers from coming on during or after rain. It easily installs on any automatic irrigation system, then shuts sprinklers off in a storm and keeps them off, automatically compensating for the amount of rainfall that occurred. Disks absorb water and expand proportionally to the amount of rain that fell. As the moisture-laden disks expand, they eventually activate a switch that interrupts the circuit from the controller to the solenoid valves. Once dry, they contract and release the switch. thus, Mini-Clik automatically resets without ever affecting the controller. There’s no better way to ensure that a system isn’t watering when it isn’t necessary.
- Easily installs on any automatic irrigation system
Versatile enough to work with all popular controllers
- Patented mechanism cannot be fouled by dirt or debris
Reliable operation, no false shutdowns
- Adjusts to actuate at various rainfall quantities
Set from 3 to 25mm
- Includes 7.6m of 1.0mm² two conductor wire
Fast and easy mounting out of site
- 5-year warranty
Your guarantee of dependable operation
- Switch rating: 10.1 amps at 125/250 VAC
- Wiring: MC2: Typically interupts the common ground wire between the solenoid valves and the controller.
- Included: 7.6m of 1.0mm² two conductor wire, two mounting screws, controller identification label and detailed instructions
- UL listed
Bypass switch box: give any automatic controller’s remote sensors the capability to bypass. It’s the easy way to put a system in the manual mode as would be needed during servicing and troubleshooting operations. Features a compact, heavy-duty switch mechanism, the Bypass Switch Box mounts quickly and easily with it’s no-strip wire connectors and supplied adhesive tape