Southern Cross Lineshaft Turbine
Southern Cross Turbine Pumps suit boreholes of 152mm (6 inch) casing or larger and have capacities of 4 to 63 litres per second (3,000 to 50,000 gallons per hour).
- Non-corrosive pump is of all gunmetal construction with stainless steel drive shaft and couplings.
- For installations where conditions will allow, cast iron pumps can be supplied giving less expensive units.
- Enclosed impellers are less subject to wear, allow easier adjustments when installing, and do not need continual adjustment to maximum efficiency.
- Water lubricated neoprene rubber bearings for drive shaft in every stage of pump, and every 1.5m of column pipe.
- Water lubricated bearings and highly polished stainless steel shaft result in very low power loss due to friction.
- Non-reserve ratchet in driving heads prevents the pump from turning backwards and causing damage.
- Packing gland in discharge head easily accessible for occasional servicing.
- Interchangeability of spare parts assured by high manufacturing standards.